Mack Trucks announced a new option for its 6x2 liftable pusher axle: Automatic Standby Mode, available on Mack® Pinnacle™ highway models.
The 6x2 with liftable pusher axle offers:
• Improved fuel efficiency
• Improved productivity benefits
• Designed for applications that haul out heavy and return empty (bulk haul)
• The Automatic Standby Mode addition simplifies operation by eliminating the need for the driver to manually push buttons to initiate standby mode
• Rear air disc brakes option
• Monitors trailer weight
• Adjusts the truck’s driveline configuration to boost fuel efficiency without impacting performance
• Determines payload by using sensors in the rear suspension and lifting or lowering the foremost rear axle
• Suspension pressure and ride height are continuously monitored and adjusted for optimal traction
“The Mack Pinnacle 6x2 with liftable pusher axle model really helps those customers in bulk haul applications save on fuel because sensors lift or lower the axle to decrease or increase traction, providing better performance and ride,” said Roy Horton, Mack director of product strategy. “The addition of Automatic Standby Mode further simplifies things for the driver by eliminating any need for manual input in putting the truck in standby mode to prevent overload.”
How it works: “When the ignition is off, Automatic Standby equalizes the suspension pressure, preventing the rear axle from being overloaded. The driver does not have to remember to initiate the standby mode and also does not need to remember the button sequence to put it in standby.”
In addition, three driver-selectable traction control modes are available via a dash-mounted switch:
• Enhanced Traction (ET) – Enhances low-speed traction for improved starts, docking and slippery road conditions.
• Optimized Traction (OT) – The default setting, Optimized Traction maximizes load to the drive axle. If wheel slip is detected, the system can temporarily increase load to the drive axle for 30 seconds to provide improved traction.
• Basic Traction (BT) – Lowers the lift axle regardless of suspension load and maintains a 50/50 load split between the lift axle and drive axle during loading or unloading, prolonged stops or areas that require 50/50 load splits between tandem axles.
For more information, please contact a CIT Trucks Dealership near you.
CIT Trucks, LLC is a full-line, commercial truck dealership group representing Kenworth Truck Company, Volvo Trucks North America, Mack Trucks, and Isuzu Commercial Trucks of America. Serving territories in Illinois, Missouri and Indiana, the dealerships offer the best in New and Used Truck Sales, an extensive Parts inventory, the finest in truck Service and maintenance, and state of the art Body repair. In addition, CIT Trucks offers in-house rental and leasing through Central Truck Leasing and finance solutions with Central Truck Finance to their customers. More information can be found at www.cittrucks.com.