The Kenworth T270 Class 6 conventional delivers more from the moment it arrives. More versatility. More productivity. More efficiency. And more control over your business.
You are not just in the business to run trucks, but to profit from them. That's why Kenworth thought you'd appreciate a non-CDL version of its T370. Rated at 26,000 lbs GVWR, this Class 6 conventional incorporates all the visibility, maneuverability and advanced ergonomic design advantages of its Class 7 big brother. Which means you can depend on it to deliver the goods... productively, efficiently and at a lower cost over its life than just about any other truck you can name. Plus it's easier, and more comfortable to drive.
No matter how much time you or your drivers spend behind the wheel of a truck, the T270 offers an environment that will help tackle any job. Available with an automatic transmission, the shifter is mounted smartly on the dash—freeing up floor space for storage, a work station or a bench seat for expanded crews are also available. Hydraulic brakes are standard, but air brakes are an available option. Air brakes require less maintenance and will help save you money and shop time. Equipped with 19.5-inch wheels the T270 is perfect for demanding schedules or pickup and delivery in tight urban situations where a lower load profile is a real benefit.
The Kenworth T270 features new halogen projector low beam headlamps with 30% more light down the road and three times longer life than sealed beam headlamps. The hood is made of sheet molded composite (SMC) for enhanced fit and finish, while a new hood assist device and 90-degree hood tilt opening offer superior access to the engine compartment for ease of service. A one-piece chrome or painted bumper and new Metton® quarter fenders provide additional durability and impact resistance.
Inside is an ergonomically-friendly, wrap-around instrument panel with large, easy-to-read, glare-free gauges. The fully trimmed cab is quiet with no doghouse, which helps to greatly reduce interior noise. Standard features include power door locks, passenger-side electric windows (optional on the driver's side), and Kenworth DayLite® doors with peeper window. Drivers will also appreciate the 50-degree wheel cut for excellent maneuverability.
The Kenworth T270 joins Kenworth's latest lineup of medium-duty trucks which features the T370 Class 7 and T170 Class 5 conventional models (the T270 and T370 are both also available in a diesel-electric hybrid configuration).
Kenworth T270 Brochure
Features & Options
- PACCAR PX-6 and PX-8 Engines. The PACCAR PX-6 engine offers the highest horsepower to weight ratio in the industry, and the PACCAR PX-8 engine has 1,000 lb-ft of torque, for heavier loads and severe grades.
- Fluid level checks - coolant, oil, power steering and windshield washer reservoir are located together and can be efficiently checked and maintained
- 90 degree hood tilt for superior access to the engine compartment
- A hood slope of 20 degrees and standard Daylite® doors for excellent visibility
- Available rear suspensions; Reyco, Hendrickson, and Chalmers
- Daylite doors with RH peeper window
- Power door locks with optional keyless entry
- Power RH window with optional LH power
- Optional tilting and telescoping steering column
- Optional workstation provides two additional 12volt power ports and plenty of storage for laptop or files
- West coast mirrors are mounted to the cab cowl for durability, visibility and fewer re-adjustments, optional aero mirrors are also available.
Frame access is over 3" lower with 19 ½" wheels
- Cab ingress and egress with first cab step is positioned approximately 16" from ground with 19 ½" wheels. 22 ½" wheels are optional
- Aluminum and fiberglass Huck bolted cab construction for durability and longevity
- Front axle 8,000-10,000-lb.
- Rear axle 16,000-18,000-lb.
- Allison and Eaton transmissions
- Optional 50-120 gallon aluminum fuel tanks. Polished tank option available.
- T270 cab options also include a Bentz crew or extended cab
- Cab options for rear windows, corner window, or no window can be customized to your need
- One-piece chrome or painted aerodynamic bumper
- Optional body builder harness
- Optional In-Cab Battery Box
- Pickup and delivery
- General Freight
- Leasing and Rental
- Towing and Recovery