From the back alleys and boulevards of the big cities to the vast stretches of asphalt that ribbon an American continent, this is the one truck that can take it all in stride.
• Advanced technology and street-smart design – sloped hood, fuel-efficient drive train, aerodynamic options, unconventional maneuverability and high-style livability – make a T800 the perfect do-anything road warrior.
• Available in 122.5 or 115.5-inch BBC, this responsive, smooth-riding conventional comes almost any way you want it. Spec it lean for payload-hungry applications – selecting from a multitude of weight-saving options. Dress it down in a no-frills day cab configuration for regional delivery. Or order it as a decked out thoroughbred with factory-installed, signature-setting Kenworth exclusives such as polished battery boxes, tool boxes and fuel tanks. Stainless cowl-mounted air cleaners. Dual polished vertical exhaust stacks. Lighted trim panels. Roof-mounted lamps and horns. You name it.
• Inside, the T800 is pure Kenworth – ergonomically designed and filled with more driver-pleasing space, convenience features and luxury detail than you’ve ever imagined in a truck this productive. And check out the latest in Kenworth sleepers, sized to suit your job and lifestyle. Choose any Kenworth AeroCab model including our highly-prized Studio Sleeper.
If you’re looking for ways to work smarter – and more profitably – look no further.
• More Payload: The T800, with its 48.5-inch set-back front axle, enables you to transfer more of the vehicle’s weight to the front end – taking full advantage of its rated capacity. Any weight you can legally shift to the front axle, you can profitably add to payload – each and every truckload.
• More Agility: The T800 incorporates advanced steering geometry that produces maximum wheel cut and a tight turning circle – even with flotation-type tires and front drive axle configurations. That advantage, plus a dramatically sloped hood and strategically placed, generously sized windows can increase driver confidence in tight situations.
• More Control: Kenworth applies sophisticated ergonomic principles and state-of-the-art technologies to create trucks that are easier and safer to drive. Multi-function steering wheel, clutchless automated and automatic transmissions, multiplexed instrumentation and wireless communication systems all contribute to less fatiguing, more productive operation.
In a world that tends to relax standards in pursuit of something new, the T800 proves that traditional, time-proven ways have their contemporary application.
• Just slam the door on a 10-year-old Kenworth mixer to see what we mean. Chances are it feels as solid as the day the truck left the factory. Legendary for its longevity and integrity, Kenworth’s conventional cab combines aluminum and fiberglass in a Huckbolted assembly that’s practically corrosion-proof and rattle-free.
• Then there are all the little things you might not notice that help keep big things from going wrong. Wiring and plumbing bundled together and mounted high in the frame, safe from chafing, road salts or washing acids. Rubber-bushed shackle pins and bushings to extend suspension life and improve steering. Constant torque hose clamps. Radiator tie rods mounted to frame – not the cab – for longer radiator life. And so much more.
• It’s this kind of attention to detail that keeps you moving ahead. Day in, day out.
When it comes to maintenance on a T800, Kenworth’s philosophy can be summed up in three words: easier and faster.
• Now take a close look at the engine cooling system. On a T800, it incorporates straight sections of reinforced rubber hose that are more readily available and much less expensive to replace than preformed hoses, along with steel elbows that are good for a lifetime of service.
• Even the electrical system – a maintenance headache for most operators – has been designed for durability and streamlined troubleshooting. Multiplex instrumentation greatly simplifies cab wiring which is further color-coded and numbered for easy circuit tracing.
• Quick-to-fix engineering features like these can mean a lot less downtime, shop time and money out of your pocket.
Somewhere between shipping and receiving there’s a whole lot of time in a truck. Hope it’s a Kenworth.
• Whether you choose a workhorse-rugged, yet way-above standard Splendor interior or the custom look of a Diamond upholstery package, the inside of a Kenworth has been designed to help those behind the wheel operate at their absolute best. Perform at peak efficiency. And rest in an environment that brings them closer to home.
• Tour a Kenworth Studio Sleeper, or one of our AeroCab sleepers. Note the consummate balance between business and pleasure. The thoughtful, convenient and productive layout. The creative and elegant interior appointments. All handcrafted to the same exacting standard we use to build the rest of your Kenworth T800.
• Then imagine the pride you’d feel knowing you’ve been given the keys to The World’s Best truck. That sense of pride is one of the reasons Kenworth trucks last longer, work harder and bring more at trade-in. And one of the reasons Kenworth operators keep their best drivers.